Jimmy Wales, what a legend in his own lunchtime.
To sum up today, in true cryptic style:
- there are four screens now and we need to treat them all the same (but slightly differently)
- data rocks, it’s not the new financial services, it’s the new rock and roll
- privacy matters, but there was no great freaking out (and some quite positive sounds about the Goog’s 60 into 1)
- Megaupload was very naughty indeed
- what the users want, winning on the ease of use, will produce the magic services
- people don’t see a rush to free, but there needs to be a lot more science behind charging (whether that’s premium or micro)
- an underlying tone of worry about being reliant on one platform … you know who
- we haven’t cracked mobile ads yet, but we’re working on it
- quite quiet on open source/creative commons
Over and out!
PS – Joan Collins is a cocktail – tasty and thanks FT Live launch party for those