I watched the Warren Buffett programme on the BBC last night (in real time!). It’s a really interesting programme, definitely worth a watch. Catch it on iPlayer here:
Some thoughts following watching the programme:
– from a management perspective, he is the master of positivity and praise (lots of managers saying things like “after he said that about me, I knew I wouldn’t let him down”)
– he doesn’t eat vegetables (bad Warren – eat your vegetables kids!)
– investing is *different* to speculating and there seems to be some benefit to not being caught up in all the hype both intellectually and physically
– leverage seems to be the root of all evil (perhaps we should have listened to Warren a while ago?)
– he gets cheaper cars because they are hail-damaged
Is he the most prudent man in the world? Probably.