Jimmy Wales, what a legend in his own lunchtime.
To sum up today, in true cryptic style:
– there are four screens now and we need to treat them all the same (but slightly differently)
– data rocks, it’s not the new financial services, it’s the new rock and roll
– privacy matters, but there was no great freaking out (and some quite positive sounds about the Goog’s 60 into 1)
– Megaupload was very naughty indeed
– what the users want, winning on the ease of use, will produce the magic services
– people don’t see a rush to free, but there needs to be a lot more science behind charging (whether that’s premium or micro)
– an underlying tone of worry about being reliant on one platform … you know who
– we haven’t cracked mobile ads yet, but we’re working on it
– quite quiet on open source/creative commons
Over and out!
PS – Joan Collins is a cocktail – tasty and thanks FT Live launch party for those 🙂